Tasty Tender Pork Chops
How to Make Tasty Tender Pork Chops
- 1Remove pork chops from refrigerator one half hour ahead of preparing them.
- 2Empty one sleeve of saltine crackers into food processor and pulse till crackers are in 1/4-inch pieces and smaller. If you don't have a food processor, use a zip lock bag and rolling pin. Pour crumbs a into shallow container (I use a metal pie plate).
- 3Beat eggs until well combined and pour into shallow pan ( again I use a pie plate).
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, pour enough olive oil in the bottom just to coat.
- 5Dredge pork chops, one at a time, in the beaten eggs, coating each side. Then put pork chops in cracker crumbs, pressing down to coat thoroughly. Turn pork chop over and repeat pressing down firmly to coat well.
- 6Put pork chops in hot oil and salt and pepper each one. Fry till a golden brown and turn pork chop over and again fry till golden brown (you may have to pour more oil in the skillet again just to coat).
- 7When pork chops are golden brown on each side, reduce heat to low and pour five ounces of water in the skillet. Cover with a lid to let steam for about 20 minutes. Check about every 10 minutes to make sure they aren't burning or need more water. If they need more water, add just 2-3 ounces.
- 8After the 20 minutes is up, check and see is they are fork tender (fork should go in and pull out easily). If not, cook covered with lid till they are fork tender.
- 9When fork tender, remove lid and increase cooking temperature to slightly over medium heat. Cook till bottom side crispy then turn chop and fry till that side is crispy. Serve with fried apples, hot biscuits and butter.
- 10If I am serving them with fried apples, I use the saltine crackers. If I'm serving them with oven fried potatoes or another vegetable and salad, I sometimes will use crushed buttered garlic croutons...just follow the above direction. Have also used roughly crushed Chicken Stove Top dressing with tasty results.