Sweet Garlic Pork Tenderloin
Also the Asian flare provides a change of pace from the usual standard BBQ pork recipes.
Note that you will need to switch to indirect cooking of the pork part way through or the high sugar of the marinade will cause to much charring on your tenderloin.
And yes - you read that right - we ARE using a whole head of garlic for this recipe! Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbboneless pork tenderloin
1head of garlic peeled and crushed (about 12 cloves)
1/3 casian fish sauce
3 Tbspsake or rice wine
2 Tbspsesame oil
1 Tbspkosher salt
1 Tbspfresh grated ginger
1 tspground black pepper
How to Make Sweet Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Combine all ingredients except pork in a non-reactive bowl and mix until sugar and honey are dissolved
- Add tenderloin and marinade in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours - more is better!
- Preheat grill to high. Add Pork to grill and cook 2 mins on each of the 4 sides. Retain marinade for basting
NOTE - Because of the high sugar content of the sauce if you continue to cook the pork directly any longer it will blacken too much...So....
- Turn off one burner on the grill and move the pork to cook indirectly for 8-10 mins (until internal temp reads about 160), basting with remaining marinade and turning 3-4 times.
To cook indirectly - place the food over the element that is not on while leaving the other elements on high and leave the BBQ cover down to let hot air circulate inside.
- Remove pork from grill and let it rest under foil cover for 5 mins. Carve, serve, Enjoy!