Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Lime Pesto
1-1 1/2 lbpork tenderloin
3 largegarlic cloves, peeled
1/2 largeonion, cut into chunks
1/2 cfresh cilantro, lightly packed
2 Tbsplime juice
1 tspdiced jalapenos (or more if you like it hot)
2 Tbspcorn oil
1/2 c(2 oz) monterey jack cheese, shredded, or cotija cheese, crumbled
How to Make Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro-Lime Pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tenderloin lengthwise almost in half. Open; lay flat between two pieces of waxed paper. Pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Place garlic, onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapenos in food processor or blender; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Process, while slowly adding oil, for 10 to 15 seconds or until mixture is almost smooth.
- Spread half of cilantro mixture over pork loin; top with cheese. Roll up; tie with cotton string. Spread remaining cilantro mixture over the top. Place on rack in roasting pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature of 160 degrees is reached. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove string and slice.
- Serve with salsa.