Stuffed Pork Chops
4 to 6boneless pork chops
1/2 cflour (approximately)
3 or 4 Tbspsalt dissolved in water for brining
·oil for browning
8 ounce pkgstuffing mix (i use pepperidge farm in the blue bag)
1 smallonion, finely chopped
1 to 2 cchicken broth
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
- In a large bowl, add salt and dissolve in water. Add pork chops and cover with more water. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to brine.
- After pork chops have brined, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with aluminum foil. Remove pork chops from the refrigerator and pour off water. Pound to about 1/4" thickness and dredge in flour. Heat oil in skillet and brown pork chops on both sides. For best results, do this in batches. Once all chops have browned, place on a plate and set aside.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. In a large mixing bowl, add stuffing mix, onion, and butter. Add chicken broth in small amounts and mix to desired consistency.
- In a baking dish lined with foil, layer three of the chops in the bottom. Spoon on stuffing and top with another chop. If you have more stuffing, just place it around the chops. Cover with your choice of cream of chicken soup or your favorite kind or gravy. (I used gravy that I had made from a pork roast and had in my freezer. I have also made white gravy and poured over them). Or if you prefer, you don't need to use gravy.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and remove foil. Let pork chops rest for about 10 minutes or so. Remove from pan and enjoy.