Spiral Ham with Cranberry Glaze
Rose Mary Mogan
I don't remember where I got this simple recipe but it is one of many that I have saved for years and use quite often.
- 1 large
- 7-10 lb. spiral sliced butt or shank ham cooked according to directions on package
- 3/4 c
- cranberry sauce
- 1/3 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice or to your taste
- 1/2-1 tsp
- ground cloves or according to your taste buds
How to Make Spiral Ham with Cranberry Glaze
- 1Prepare ham according to directions on package. The ham that I had called for pre heating the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Wrapping ham tightly in aluminum foil. I used several layers. If using a plastic bag the time required is usually about 14 minutes per pound, or 17 minutes per pound if wrapped in foil. BUT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON HAM PACKAGE. My ham required a temperature of 325 for about 90 minutes for the size of ham I had.
- 4TO MAKE THE GLAZE: In a medium sauce pan or bowl add the cranberry sauce, brown sugar cloves and lemon juice, stir till well mixed then brush over ham liberally, and return to oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes or so.