Spiced Nectarine Whiskey Preserves
4-6nectarines, very ripe, diced
1/2 cmaker's mark whiskey (sub with your favorite)
2 cdark brown sugar
1/2 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1 pkgknox unflavored gelatin
How to Make Spiced Nectarine Whiskey Preserves
- In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, and nectarines. Cook covering on medium heat until nectarines are very soft.
- Pour into a blender and give a quick blend so that there are pieces of fruit vaguely present. Pour back into sauce pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, save the Knox's. Continue to cook on low, stirring occasionally. Only cook for as long is your preference for the strength of whiskey.
- Turn heat up to a boil. This may cause bubbling and spitting, use caution.
- Whisk in the Knox's Gelatin until totally dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Pour into sterilized jam jars and follow waterbath canning process. This should render about 2-3 small jars. You can multiply this recipe to whatever about of jars you would like to make.
- In the picture, I poured entire contents into a jar the size of about a spaghetti jar and didn't use canning process. We used it in about a week and a half without consequence.