Southwest Pork and Posole Soup
4center cut pork chops
1 can(s)original rotel tomatoes
1 can(s)lime and cilantro rotel tomatoes
2 can(s)hominy (posole)
1 can(s)49 oz can chicken broth
2 can(s)pinto beans
2russet potatoes, diced
1 tsporegano, dried
1 tspground cumin
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspcilantro, dried
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Southwest Pork and Posole Soup
- Brown the chops in the bottom of a soup pot. Add the rotel tomatoes and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
- When they are fork tender, remove and shred the meat. Return meat to the soup pot.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the soup pot.
- Bring soup to a boil. Lower the temperature so the soup can simmer for 1 to 1 hours.
- If you want a less spicy soup use mild rotel tomatoes.
- I like to top the soup with tortilla strips. You can find them next to the croutons.