Southern Beans and Snaps
- 3 lb
- smoked shank pieces (ham on the bone)
- 1 bag(s)
- 32 oz. field peas and snaps
- 6 oz
- louisiana hot sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- sweet onion, chunks
- 2 Tbsp
- sea salt
- cooked rice
- optional sliced scallions
How to Make Southern Beans and Snaps
- 1Place the ham bones in the crock pot. Pour the field peas and snaps and the onion on top of the ham.
Add hot sauce and salt. Pour water in making sure not to over fill (I always fill it to just below the peas).
- 2Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- 3Remove the bones and making sure to remove the meat off of the bone. Serve on a bed of your favorite cooked rice topped with optional scallions and more hot sauce if you like and enjoy!!!