SLOW COOKING PORK CHOPS DELUXE
Recipe & Photo: Sixsistersstuff.com
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4boneless pork chops, about 1" thick
·salt and pepper to taste
2 clovegarlic, finely minced
1/4 csoy sauce
1/4 cchicken or vegetable broth
2 Tbsplight brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1 Tbspcold water
How to Make SLOW COOKING PORK CHOPS DELUXE
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Salt and pepper the pork chops and brown them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the pork chops to the crock pot. Add the garlic to the drippings in the skillet and stir constantly over medium heat until garlic is aromatic and golden, but not burned. Stir in the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour over chops in crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours until the pork chops are tender. Remove the chops to a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the sauce in the slow cooker. Return the chops to the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker's heat to HIGH and cook for 30 minutes to an hour longer, until the sauce is slightly thickened. If you would like extra-thick sauce, after you've removed the chops, pour the sauce into a pan and place it over medium heat on the stove. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring the sauce to a boil. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes until the sauce is thick. Add the pork chops and heat through.