Skillet Pork and Peppers
1 1/2 lbpork tenderloin
1 tspsalt, divided
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin, divided
1 smallyellow onion, peeled and thickly sliced
1 mediumred bell pepper, seeded and sliced into wide strips
1 mediumyellow bell pepper, peeled and sliced into wide strips
1 csliced mushrooms
6 clovegarlic, peeled and chopped
1 tspdried, ground sage
2 Tbsptomato paste
1/3 cdry white wine
2/3 clow-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make Skillet Pork and Peppers
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Slice the pork on an angle into 1-inch-thick pieces; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion, peppers and mushrooms and season with remaining salt; cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and slightly browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Add the pork and sear over high heat until browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to the plate with the onion and peppers.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, sage and tomato paste to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until the tomato paste turns brick-red, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil. Add the broth and return to a simmer. Arrange the pork in a single layer in the skillet; add onion and peppers and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Transfer to the oven and broil until the pork is cooked through, 4 to 7 minutes.