1 lbground pork sausage
1 tspmrs. dash onion & herb seasoning
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
3/4 cplain breadcrumbs
6hard cooked eggs, shelled
1/2 cflour, for coating
1/4 ccanola oil
How to Make Scots Eggs
- Mix the sausage, Mrs. Dash, and onion together well; divide into 6 equal portions.
- Form the sausage firmly over the eggs, trying to keep the layer even, and without holes.
- Roll the eggs in flour; dip each egg into the beaten egg, and then into the breadcrumbs; Chill at least 1 hour before frying.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and fry the eggs, turning often til they are they are crisp, and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Cool until they can be handled and cut them in half to serve.