4fully cooked smoked sausages
1 to 2 Tbspolive oil
2-1/2 cpackaged refrigerated diced potatoes with onion (about 12 ounces)
1/2 ccoarsely chopped red onion
2 Tbspchopped fresh parsley
2 Tbspwhite wine vinegar
How to Make Sausage & Warm Potato Salad Supper
- Using toothpick, pierce sausages in several places.
- Transfer to medium skillet; add enough water to reach depth of 1/4 inch. Bring water to boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer sausages 5 minutes.
- Uncover; continue to simmer until water cooks away and sausages are brown and heated through, turning sausages occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausages to 2 plates.
- Add enough oil to drippings in skillet to measure 2 tablespoons. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Add potatoes (with onion) and red onion. Cover; cook until potatoes are golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in parsley and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon potato salad next to sausages.
- NOTE: Look for diced potatoes with onion in the supermarket's refrigerated deli case or in the freezer section. Pair the main course with sauteed spinach, coleslaw, good mustard and dark bread. A pint of ale adds gusto; apple pie is the finishing touch.