6 smallbaby potatoes or larger potatoes cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
6-8 ozlow-fat smoked sausage, bratwurst, or kielbasa
1/4 colive oil
·salt, pepper, garlic flakes, and mixed herbs to taste
Option:substitute other vegetables such as brussels sprouts, cauliflower, carrots, etc.
How to Make Roasted Sausage & Veggies
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F and start to preheat. Place a large shallow roasting pan in the oven.
- Mix together oil and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Wash and dry the potatoes (cutting larger potatoes if needed). Toss the potatoes in the oil and seasonings mixture. Using a slotted spoon, place the potatoes in the roasting pan in the oven.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms and remove any hard stem ends. Toss them in the oil and seasonings mixture. Using a slotted spoon, add them to the roasting pan in the oven.
- Cut both ends off the corn and remove the husks and silk. Cut the corn into one-inch disks and wash and dry them. Toss them in the oil and seasonings mixture. Using a slotted spoon, add them to the roasting pan in the oven. Make sure each disk is lying flat on the pan.
- Cut the sausage into 1-inch thick disks and toss in the last of the oil and herbs. Add the sausage to everything else.
- Roast for an additional 25 minutes or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Serve.