How to Make Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Season entire pork loin with garlic salt and chili powder. Pour a little coke in the bottom of the crock pot and add the pork butt. Add enough coke to just cover the pork loin. Cook on low for 8 hours.
While pork is cooking, bake your sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes under water and wrap in foil. Bake in oven for about 1 hour. Sweet Potatoes are fully cooked when you can gently squeeze them and they feel soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Remove pork from crock pot and discard almost all of coke mixture...leaving just a tablespoon or two of juice behind to help moisten the pork.
- Place the pork back into the crockpot and then use two large forks to shred the meat. Add BBQ sauce and combine (above it says 3/4 to 1 cup BBQ sauce, which just means add as much, or as little, as you like). Leave slow cooker on low, or warm, to keep things hot until you are ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut a a slit in the sweet potato, lengthwise. Grab the potato from both ends and press together to open the sweet potato up. Fill each sweet potato with a generous helping of pulled pork and top with an extra drizzle of BBQ Sauce. Serve immediately!