Pork Tenderloin with Bell Pepper Marmelade
This is a wonderful recipe for entertaining.
- 1 package pork tenderloin (aprox. 2lbs.)
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4c mc cormack grill mates seas. garlic & onion medley
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 gree bell pepper diced
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c red wine or grape juice with 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth cranberry sauce
FOR THE MARMELADE:
How to Make Pork Tenderloin with Bell Pepper Marmelade
- 1Preheat oven to 350F
- 2Remove the silver skin from your tenderloins.
In a large skillet heat the oil and sear your meat on all sides. Remove with tongs and place on a piece of foil. Sprinkle all over with the Mc Cormack Seasoning. Since it's very hot I used a spatula to pat it into/onto the meat.
- 3If your skillet is not oven proof, place the meat in an oven proof dish and roast for approx. 35 min. to a temp. of 145F. Let rest on a cutting board tented with foil for 10 min. before slicing.If not serving let cool and refrigerate until using.
SEE NOTE AT END!!
- 4Make THE marmalade WHILE THE PORK IS ROASTING.
In a DRY Skillet over med. heat cook your onions and peppers for 3-4 minutes until all liquid has cooked away.
Add all remaining ingredients and stir well. Reduce heat to med.low and simmer until it becomes like a marmalade, stirring a few times. Refrigerate if not using right away. Remove from fridge at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve on toasted baguette slices with a dollop of marmalade on top or in the small Hawaiian Bread buns with some opt. Honey Mustard.
NOTE: I served my meat cold the next day and sliced it then. I had 22 nice slices (On an angle)Then ends were mine! LOL.