Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
- pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1-1/2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 can(s)
- reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounce)
- 1/2 c
- apple juice or apple cider
- 1-1/2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp
- dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
- 1Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook until browned, turning to brown evenly. Drain off fat.
- 2Place onion in a slow cooker. Add chops.
- 3Using a mortar and pestle, crush tapioca.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine tapioca, mushroom soup, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, snipped or dried thyme, and garlic powder; Pour over chops in slow cooker
- 5Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to to 4-1/2 hours.
- 6Remove pork chops and spoon sauce over chops for serving.
Picture from Diabetic Living.