Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
6pork loin chops, cut 3/4 inch thick
1-1/2 Tbspolive oil
1small onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbspquick-cooking tapioca
1 can(s)reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 3/4 ounce)
1/2 capple juice or apple cider
1-1/2 tspworcestershire sauce
3/4 tspdried thyme, crushed
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce
- Trim fat from chops. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook until browned, turning to brown evenly. Drain off fat.
- Place onion in a slow cooker. Add chops.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush tapioca.
- In a medium bowl, combine tapioca, mushroom soup, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, snipped or dried thyme, and garlic powder; Pour over chops in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to to 4-1/2 hours.
- Remove pork chops and spoon sauce over chops for serving.
Picture from Diabetic Living.