Bette's Pork Chops and Rice Casserole
Zak's Gramma Betty passed away earlier this summer. We got to see her in a few lucid moments a week or so before she left us. Zak was so glad he got to see her dimples one last time.
1 can(s)campbell's beef consomme soup
·2-4 pork chops (i cut butterfly chops in half)
·dried onion ( just a nice sprinkle)
2-4 Tbsolive oil, extra virgin (evoo)
1/2-1 cdurkees french fried onions (optiona)
How to Make Bette's Pork Chops and Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a large casserole (2.5 Qt) with Pam.
- Dredge the pork chops in flour, and brown in a skillet with 2-4 Tbs of EVOO
- Pour 3/4 C of uncooked Rice into prepared casserole dish.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of dried onion flakes.
- Place browned pork chops on the rice/onion mixture.
- Pour undiluted can of Beef Consomme Soup over all. Cover with casserole lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes. Remove cover, bake an additional 15 minutes. Serve.
- OPTIONAL:I had some leftover french fried onions after Thanksgiving this year. The last 15 min of baking this I added 1/2-1 Cup of the french fried onions an absolute 4-STAR improvement on a recipe I didn't think could be improved!!!