POLISH SAUSAGE & PASTA
Photo courtesy of: BH&G Country Cooking
- 1 1/4 c
- medium shell macaroni
- 4 oz
- fully cooked polish kielbasa sausage links
- 3 slice
- 1/2 c
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make POLISH SAUSAGE & PASTA
- 1Cook the macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, slice the sausage into 1/2 inch slices; set aside.
- 2In a 10-inch skillet cook bacon until crisp; drain fat, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- 3Cook the mushrooms in the reserved bacon drippings until tender. Stir in sugar, flour, salt and pepper; stir in water and vinegar. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, and then cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 4Stir in the cooked macaroni, Polish sausage, and bacon; heat through. Turn hot mixture into a serving dish and garnish with snipped parsley if desired. Serve while hot.