- ground beef 85% lean
- pork ground
- 1 1/2
- boxes of wild rice
- 2 sml
- cans of mushroom soup
- 2 larg
- cabbages....(boil till soft leaves)
- 2 large
- cans of cambells tomato soup
- 1 lg
- bottel of barilla marinara sauce...
- w/ a little salt and pepper
How to Make Pigs In The Blanket
- 1wash cabbage and boil until leaves are semi soft
in a bowl put, beef, pork, mushroom soup, eggs, and Wild Rice (you can also put some finley chopped celery) for flavor.
- 2when cabbage is ready put on a plate seperate leaves..let cool a bit...take a leave or two if you need it and put some of the mixture in each leave and roll tightly. place in a big pot. after all stacked..
- 3put two cans of the Tomato soup in and a jar of the Barillia sauce in ...cook on a med heat for 3 hrs; or put in oven in a large covered roaster @325 for 3 yrs. check periodically. serve with Mashed Potatoes and Apple Sauce ...very very good.