Pigs in a Blanket
1 lbpork breakfast sausage
1/2 cminute rice
1/4 mediumonion (chopped)
1 can(s)tomato soup
1 can(s)stewed tomatoes, italian-style, diced
1 largecabbage head
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
- combine hamburger, pork sausage, rice, onion, and seasonings.
(Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder)
- Core and parboil cabbage till leaves are pliable.
As the leaves are done on the outside remove from boiling water and place into a colander until the whole head of cabbage is done.
V-cut out the hard white center of each leaf of cabbage (tend to be bitter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix soup and canned tomatoes and add a little bit of water.
Add a small portion of tomato mixture to your meat.
- Make medium-large meatballs, wrap in 1-2 cabbage leaves(what is necessary)
Place in casserole dish
Cover with the tomato mixture
Cover and cook for 1hr
(extra time may be needed depending on size of meatballs)