OVEN FRIED PORK CHOPS
- tube saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese (cheap is fine)
- boneless pork chops or 4 bone-in pork chops
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- papkrika, garlic power, cayene pepper--optional
- 2 c
- fat-free buttermilk
How to Make OVEN FRIED PORK CHOPS
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
Pour buttermilk over pork chops. allow to sit for at least 15 minutes. Place foil over cookie sheet, with sides, lightly grease.
(makes for very simple clean-up)
- 2While porkchops marinate in buttermilk, mix finely crushed crackers, parmesan cheese, and any seasonings you like.Place cracker mix in a gallon size ziplock bag.
- 3Remove 1 porkchop from buttermilk, place in ziplock bag, shake to cover porkchop with cracker mixture. (may need to pat to make sure mixture sticks to porkchop) Remove and place on foil-covered cookie sheet.
Continue until all chops are on cookie sheet.
- 4With a spoon, drizzle melted butter evenly over all pork chops. Place in preheated oven, and allow to bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes. Time to bake depends on thickness of chops.
- 5I prefer to use bone in chops, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, so mine may take a little longer. I place potates in to bake at same time, and serve with a green vegetable. Note--these heat up as leftovers very well.