Oven Carolina Barbecue
- 1 large
- fresh pork butt, bone-in (this is the butt, or top portion, of the shoulder) i use about a 10 pounder.
- 1/2 tsp
- carolina barbecue sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 2 tsp
- red pepper
- 1 tsp
- garlic salt
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- freshly ground black pepper
CAROLINA BARBECUE SAUCE
How to Make Oven Carolina Barbecue
- 1Preheat oven to 265 degrees.
- 2line a large pan with foil leaving enough excess to wrap the pork butt.
- 3Place the pork butt in the pan and rub with the 1/2 tsp. of salt. Wrap and bake in oven at 265 degrees for 13 hours.
- 4Drain most of the broth. (leave a little to keep it moist) Remove bones. Gristle will render (soften and practically melt away.) leave fat. Chop the pork coarsely.
- 5FOR THE SAUCE
- 6In a medium saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients in a quart size mason jar. Shake well and refrigerate overnight and up to 2 months.
- 7Mix barbecue sauce, to taste with pulled pork (Carolina Barbecue.) Serve with more barbecue sauce on the side.
- 8Serve pork as is on a plate or serve on a bun with extra sauce and cole slaw!