Oven Baked Barbecued Pork Chops
- thick pork chops, about 5-6 oz each
- 3/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 c
- bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar (if you like a sweet sauce - optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- minced onion
- 2 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 tsp
- fresh ground black pepper
- a little salt
How to Make Oven Baked Barbecued Pork Chops
- 1Season the chops with salt and 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Place them in a shallow baking dish. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Stir together the vinegar, barbecue sauce, (brown sugar if used), onion, garlic, and the remaining black pepper. Pour over and around the chops.
- 3Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then, remove foil and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes, basting occasionally with the pan sauce, until chops reach an internal temperature of 160° or they are no longer pink inside.
- 4To cook them in the microwave: Use a microwave-safe baking dish. Follow directions as above, but do not cover with foil. Cover with waxed paper or a microwavable vented lid. Microwave about 3 minutes at a time, basting with the pan sauce after each 3 minutes. This usually takes about 12 minutes, or 3 minutes per chop. Check frequently to see if pink is gone inside, and do not cook too long or they will get tough.