Norma's Pork Chops with Apples
Blue Ribbon Recipe
With just the perfect balance of flavors, this recipe is a wonderful pick for pleasing the family. Count us among your fans, Norma! The Test Kitchen
6pork chops ( have your butcher cut 1/2 in. chops from a pork loin )
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
·garlic salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tbspground cardamon
6tart apples, sliced
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/2 cport wine
How to Make Norma's Pork Chops with Apples
- Peel and core apples and slice into a saucepan with butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and cook until tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- Spread both sides of each pork chop with garlic salt, pepper and cardamon and add pork chops to hot pan.
- Cook until brown on one side and turn to cook and brown the other side.
- Remove pan from burner and add apples on top of each pork chop. Pour wine into bottom of pan and light with a match watching not to burn yourself.
- Return pan to cook top when fire is out and lower heat and cover with a lid.
- Heat for 30 minutes or until wine looks like thick syrup.
- Remove pork chops from pan onto a serving platter and top with the apples and wine syrup.