Norma's Pork Chops with Apples
Blue Ribbon Recipe
With just the perfect balance of flavors, this recipe is a wonderful pick for pleasing the family. Count us among your fans, Norma! The Test Kitchen
- pork chops ( have your butcher cut 1/2 in. chops from a pork loin )
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cardamon
- tart apples, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- port wine
How to Make Norma's Pork Chops with Apples
- 1Peel and core apples and slice into a saucepan with butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and cook until tender.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- 4Spread both sides of each pork chop with garlic salt, pepper and cardamon and add pork chops to hot pan.
- 5Cook until brown on one side and turn to cook and brown the other side.
- 6Remove pan from burner and add apples on top of each pork chop. Pour wine into bottom of pan and light with a match watching not to burn yourself.
- 7Return pan to cook top when fire is out and lower heat and cover with a lid.
- 8Heat for 30 minutes or until wine looks like thick syrup.
- 9Remove pork chops from pan onto a serving platter and top with the apples and wine syrup.