Moo Shu Pork
Hint: Put your pork in the freezer while you are preping the marinade and veggies, slightly frozen meat is much easier to slice.
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons, hoisin sauce
1/4 cplus 2 tablespoons, rice wine vinegar
4 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspea. salt and pepper
2 lbpork chops, boneless, cut into thin strips
1 lbcremini or shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
1 14-ozbag of coleslaw mix
1 bunchscallions, sliced
How to Make Moo Shu Pork
- Whisk the hoisin, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add pork and marinate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade using tongs (reserve marinade) and stir fry until browned, about 4 minutes. You may need to do this in smaller batches so you don't cool your pan down too much, just add more oil between batches as needed.
- Tranfer the pork to a bowl. Add 3-4 tablespoons of water to the pan. Scrape up any bits that may be stuck to the bottom and pour the pan juices over the pork in the bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan, when hot, add mushrooms and stir fry until slightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add the coleslaw mix and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the pork, the reserved marinade and the scallions (reserving some for garnish).
- You can serve this one of three ways: Over cooked rice, in a bib lettuce cup or my favorite in a flour tortilla (trust me it's delicious). Enjoy!