How to Make Mexican pork "barbacoa"
- 1Set the slow cooker in slow , use a liner and put the pork with the part down. Add salt and pepper and rub the meat.
- 2In a blender , puree together the chipotle peppers ( I use the whole can , but my husband is mexican !! Choose 1 or 2 peppers !! ) , tomato puree and orange juice. Add the sugar and mix again. The spiciness level should be to your taste .
- 3Pour over the pork , let cook for about 10 hs. ( I do it overnight) , it's ready when the meat falls from the bone.
- 4Serve mexican style : "barbacoa" is served as a stew , in bowls ( meat and juices) , with chopped onion and cilantro to add on the plate.
You can also take the meat and served in soft, warm corn or flour tortillas as tacos.
- 5You can also add some chicken or tomato bouillion ( about a cube ) to the chipotle mixture while blending , for extra flavor.
- 6Enjoy !!
( You can always freeze the leftovers in bags !!)