Maltese Baked Pork Chops and Potatoes
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 largeonions, thinly sliced
1chicken bouillon cube
6 largepotatoes, peeled and sliced thickly
2 tspcrushed fennel seeds
2 Tbspolive oil
2 tspminced garlic
1 tspcurry powder, optional
How to Make Maltese Baked Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Choose an oven dish that is big enough to take the meat and the potatoes.
- Start by placing all the sliced onions at the bottom of the dish, spread them all across the dish so that they'll form a nice first layer.
- Crush the chicken cube or cut it into small pieces and sprinkle all over the onions.
- Add the meat by putting all the pork chops on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the meat.
- Add all the potatoes and place on top of the meat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper.
- Add water from the sides of the dish so as not to wash away the spices. Add enough water so that the onions and meat are covered with water.
- Roast in moderate oven for some 2 and a half hours. For the first hour, cover the dish in tin foil. After that, remove the foil so that the potatoes will eventually become crusty and golden brown.