Lauren's Pulled Pork
1/4 csmoked paprika or sweet paprika
1 Tbspkosher salt
1 Tbspfreshly ground black pepper
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 tspcayenne pepper
1 tspfennel seeds, crushed
2-3 lbboneless pork picnic roast
1-2 cchicken stock
1-2bottles barbecue sauce ( i use bullseye or stubb's)
How to Make Lauren's Pulled Pork
- Combine the first six ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub pork roast with about half of the spice rub (save the rest for another use). Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 48 hours or cook immediately. If you refrigerate the meat make sure to remove it from the frige about an hour before you bake it.
- Bake roast, covered, in a 400* oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and place roast, chicken stock and barbecue sauce in a crock pot on high for 3-4 hours or until it shreds easily, turning it every once and a while and adding more stock or sauce as needed.
- Serve as is or make pulled pork sandwiches by placing meat on a bun and top with coleslaw or as barbecue pizza; get some store bought or homemade pizza dough, use barbecue sauce as pizza sauce, sprikle with meat and cheese and bake as directed on the pizza dough package or make pulled pork quesadillas (they're a huge hit with kids) just place pork and cheese between 2 tortillas and grill until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!