Korean Pork and Cabbage
- 4 medium
- thin cut pork steaks or chops
- 1 large
- head of cabbage, coarsely chopped in large chunks
- 1/4 c
- favorite soy sauce
- 1-2 pinch
- ginger ( optional)
How to Make Korean Pork and Cabbage
- 1preheat a large skillet ( cast iron is best) and brown pork steaks lightly on both sides on medium high heat. May use a tablespoon of oil if needed. Leave in skillet.
- 2Add chopped cabbage on top completely covering the pork steaks. Whisk water and soy sauce and ginger together and pour over cabbage and pork.
- 3Cover and let cook undisturbed on low heat for 30 minutes. Once done place cabbage on a serving platter and lay pork chops on top. Pour any remaining juices all over the top. Serve with a side dish of white rice.