- boneless pork roast
- 1 large
- onion, sliced thin or 2 bags of frozen chopped onions
- 3-4 large
- red potatoes
- 1 jar(s)
- 1/2 c
- garlic powder, then black pepper, italian seasoning, sage, thyme, celery flakes, sometimes chili powder whatever you like
AN ASSORTMENT OF SPICES
How to Make Kitchen Daddy'sCrock Pot New England Boiled Dinner
- 1Layer the onions on the bottom of the pot. Put the pork roast in, fat side up. Start with your seasonings, to taste: cover the meat with a goodly layer of garlic powder, then black pepper, then go to town with the rest. I use Italian seasoning, lots of sage and thyme, MONDO amounts of celery flakes, sometimes chili powder, whatever sounds good at the moment.
Now layer in the red potatoes. Pour the sauerkraut on top, then pour in the water. Pop the lid on, turn it on low, and go to work for the day. When you come home, supper!
- 2If you need a fat free diet, you can separate out the various ingredients, trim whatever fat remains off the roast, and cool the broth to skim the rest of the fat. But if you are not constrained, try it. The broth is so rich you won't believe it!
- 3Come winter time you can make it in the oven, a huge batch in a great big covered roaster, all day or overnight at 250 degrees. YES, it makes a fabulous breakfast, lol, if a little unconventional.