Jaime's Smothered Pork Chops
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Voted Members' Choice!
So hearty and so flavorful! We love pork around here and this recipe is no exception. The Test Kitchen
1 csliced bell pepper
1 csliced sweet onion
3 clovegarlic pressed
1 Tbspbasil leaves dried
·salt and pepper to taste
·olive oil, extra virgin
1/4 cdry white wine
1/2 cheavy cream
2 cchicken broth
How to Make Jaime's Smothered Pork Chops
- In a large skillet cover the bottom of pan with olive oil. Season the porkchops with the paprika, basil, pepper and salt on both sides.
- Place the pork chops in the hot pan and brown on each side lightly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put the bell pepper and onions in the hot pan and cook a little then add the garlic and stir together until tender. Remove from the pan, add the wine to the pan to clean off the bottom then add the chicken broth and porkchops to the pan. Put the bell pepper and onions on top of chops. Cover the pan with a lid and cook till chops are done.
- Whisk together the heavy cream and flour to add to the pan. Remove the lid add the cream mixture and stir in completely and let come to a rolling boil and cook till thick.
- Serve over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes.