Jaeger Schnitzel with Thyme and Parsley
- 1 box
- 8oz japanese panko crumbs
- 1/4 c
- thyme, dried- if using fresh thyme, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- dash salt and pepper
- 6 to 8
- pork chops, center cut (1/2 inch thick or less)
- eggs, slighty beaten
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- medium fresh lemon
- 3 lb
- apples (golden delicious or any cooking apple) peeled, cored and sliced
- 3/4 c
- sugar or to taste
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
REALLY EASY APPLESAUCE
How to Make Jaeger Schnitzel with Thyme and Parsley
- 1Mix together first five ingredients well. Put onto flat dish.
- 2Dip each cutlet into beaten eggs then coat in crumb mixture.Pat alot of crumbs onto each. Set aside.
- 3Put half of butter and oil in frying pan and heat on med to med high heat. (enough for the cutlets to sizzle when they're put into it)
- 4Fry cutlets in oil and butter until nicely browned on each side. About 3-4 mins per side. Squeeze some lemon juice over cutlets on each side.
As you fry the cutlets, you will need to add more of the butter and oil as you go.
- 5Make a small cut into one of the cutlets, if still red in middle, place cutlets into a large baking dish and put in a preheated 350 oven for about 10-15 mins.If you see no redness in the middle, they are ready to serve.
- 6Serve with a bit Applesauce on top and to the side and a dollop of sour cream. (optional)
- 7FOR APPLESAUCE:
Combine all ingredients in large glass bowl. Cover with wax paper. Cook in microwave on high 8-11 minutes or until apples are soft, stirring once half way through cooking. Mash apples until slightly chunky; serve warm or chilled. Yields 5 1/2 cups.