Italian Pork (tender)loin
- 2 1/2 lb
- pork tenderloin or pork loin
- 1/2 c
- good quality olive oil (i use a canola/olive blend)
- 1/2 c
- balsamic vinegar (doesn't need to be expensive)
- 2 tsp
- steak seasoning (i use montreal grillers)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- large sweet onion, thickly sliced
How to Make Italian Pork (tender)loin
- 1In a plastic Ziploc bag: put the liquids and honey. Rub the pork w/the steak seasoning and garlic powder, put in plastic bag. Remove excess air and toss in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Bring to room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to searing. Slice the onions and put in bottom of 9x13 pan. Drain the marinade onto the onions, getting as much liquid out of the pork as possible. Put baking dish into a 400 degree oven. Roast the onions in the marinade for 15 minutes to get the onions softened, then begin drying and searing the pork.
- 3Dry the pork thoroughly, sear in a hot pan till its brown on all sides. Place the pork on top of the onions and finish roasting in the oven, till internal temp at 145-150 degrees or higher if you prefer.
- 4Remove from oven, put foil on top and rest for 10 minutes. Cut on the bias, serve with the onions and marinade as a simple sauce.