2 lblean ground beef or ground chuck
1/3 lbbulk pork sausage
2eggs, stirred up well
1 can(s)evaporated milk
2 slicedried out bread (whole wheat or white)
2 Tbspdryed minced onion
2 Tbspminced garlic (i used the kind that comes in a jar.
1/2 tspdried italian seasoning
1 Tbspdried basil
1 tspdried parsley
How to Make Italian Meatballs
- Place evaporated milk in a pyrex cup, or small bowl. Break bread into small pieces and put to soak in the milk. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side up, and vegetable spray (I prefer Olive Oil). Chop up a 1/2 a pound block of Mozzerella cheese and set aside into 1/2 inch cubes. Grate the remainder of the cheese and set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side up, and vegetable spray (I prefer Olive Oil). Chop up a 1 pound block of Mozzerella cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. Using your hands, ocmbine all of the ingredients in a large enough bowl.
- Form meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, inserting a cube of cheese, pulling the meat around it, to encase it inside of the meatball.
- Place meatballs, not touching on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 minutes. While baking, make and heat up the marinara sauce (may use prepared sauce); and keep it warm.
- Spread butter on (garlic and parmesan cheese stirred into butter-to taste). Fry rolls on a grill or griddle. Load up rolls with meatballs, top with marinara sauce and grated mozzerella. Enjoy!!