If you have an electric wok it works great for making this dish.
If you like sweet and sour you will love this.
2 lblean country style spare ribs, cut in 2
3 Tbspwhole wheat flour
3 Tbspsoy sauce
3 Tbspsalad oil
1/2 cpineapple juice
1 tspgrated ginger root (or 1/2tsp. dry)
2 cfresh pineapple and papaya chunks
1/3 cred wine
How to Make Island Spareribs
- Cut spare ribs into 2-inch pieces. Mix flour, salt, and soy sauce together and coat ribs.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes. Heat oil in skillet and brown ribs on all sides.
- Drain off excess fat and add sugar, vinegar, water, juice and ginger.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in fruit and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Serve garnished with minced parsely and sesame seeds.
- Serving ideas: Serve with white rice.