Irish Sausage Links with Peppers & Onions
Rose Mary Mogan
It is so quick & easy, you will be amazed @ how well the flavors of the onions & peppers blend together while they are cooking.
Only takes about 20 to 25 minutes,& you have got a great tasting sausage sandwich.
Serve it on Hard Rolls along with the peppers & onions.
I didn't really think of this as a recipe, but thought it was worth sharing any way, you can use other sausages as well, like Italian, Brots, or Cheddar, what ever you like or have on hand at the time.
- 1 lb
- irish sausage links
- 1 large
- bell pepper, red/ green or both cut into strips
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- each olive oil and butter
- 1 pkg
- hard rolls (enough for each sausage)
- 1/2 tsp
- majoram or thyme (optional)
How to Make Irish Sausage Links with Peppers & Onions
- 1I prefer using a cast iron skillet, but any skillet will do. Irish sausage is a blend of LEAN pork using garlic, white pepper, Majoram Onion Powder, and parsley as the main spice ingredients, there may also be other spices and is so tasty and good. There is only one store where I can find them and that is WALT'S IN DYER INDIANA. They make them in the store, & I just placed an order for 20 links.If you are in the area, pick up a package or two, you will not be disappointed.
- 3Once they have started to cook, add the sliced peppers and onions, and let them cook a bit, stir, then cover with a tight fitting lid, reduce the heat to low, then continue to cook till onions and peppers are translucent, and onions begins to carmelize somewhat & sausages are cooked through. About 15 minutes or so.
- 5You are gonna love it, and will be making it quite often.You may notice that there are only green peppers and onions in one photo, and both RED AND GREEN in the other photo, that is because my husband ate all the green peppers & onions before I could take a picture, so I had to make a second batch, and used both red & green peppers this time. They really are good, you may need to make 2 batches as well.