Irish Roast Pork with Potato Stuffing
- pounds pork tenderloin, or 6 to 8 boneless lean pork chops
- tablespoons butter
- tablespoons hard cider (apple wine) or water
- salt and pepper
- 4 1/2
- cups potatoes, coarsely mashed
- cup butter
- onion, chopped
- large cooking apples, chopped
- handful chopped fresh sage and thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Irish Roast Pork with Potato Stuffing
- 1Make stuffing: To potatoes, add butter, onion, apples, herbs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 2Rub meat with salt, pepper and butter.
- 3Pour cider or water into 3 -quart casserole dish.
- 4Place meat along edges of dish.
- 5Place stuffing in center of pan. Cover loosely with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.