INDIVIDUAL PORK WELLINGTONS
Rose Mary Mogan
It made a VERY IMPRESSIVE ENTRY ONTO the dinner table. My husband was most pleased, & so was I although quite exhausted from all of the work. I wanted to do something SPECIAL FOR HIM just because, it was no birthday or holiday or special occassion, to show him how much I appreciate him & all that he does.
He kept repeating how great dinner was, & that he realized how much work & trouble I went through to make it for him. What's not to love. You too can IMPRESS SOMEONE WITH THIS main ENTREE.
- 2 lb
- pork tenderloin (about 2 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp
- cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated onion powder
- 2 tsp
- coarse grated black pepper
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1 pkg
- puff pastry sheets (thawed in refrigerator)
- thin slices proscuitto
- 1 c
- semisoft cheese(boursin with garlic & herbs)
- 2 large
- eggs lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make INDIVIDUAL PORK WELLINGTONS
- 2Combine seasoning together in a small bowl, stir to combine. Then sprinkle a generous amount over meat. Heat oil in a large skillet till hot.then add tenderloin pieces, and cook over medium high heat, till meat browns but not cooked through, turning once. Drain on paper towel and set aside till needed.
- 3PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside till needed. Unfold each puff pastry.KEEP IN FRIDGE TILL NEEDED, OTHERWISE SHEETS WILL STICK TOGETHER, & CREATE DIFFICULTY IN SEPARATING.
- 4Place on a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 11 inch square then cut each sheet into 4 pieces about 5 1/2 inche squares each.
- 8BAKE UNCOVERED ABOUT 25 MINUTES IN PREHEATED 425 DEGREE F. oVEN. OR UNTIL PASTRY IS GOLDEN BROWN AND THERMOMETER INSERTED INTO CENTER OF PORK REGISTERS 155 DEGREES f. lET STAND AT LEAST 5 MINUTES before serving. This recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens CHRISTmas Cooking from the heart. I made a few minor changes to the original recipe. The original recipe only made 4 pieces, I doubled the recipe and have listed what I used here.