Ham, Potato, & Green Bean Stew
- hambone, with a good bit of meat on it. (leftover ham is good - or boneless ham cut into cubes) * ham on bone is best though.
- 1 medium
- onion diced finely
- 4 - 5 medium
- potatoes cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 lb
- green beans, fresh cut into smaller pieces
- 6 - 8 c
- salt, pepper, and dill to taste
How to Make Ham, Potato, & Green Bean Stew
- 1In stock pot ( or crock pot ) place ham and water and bring to a boil. Boil for an hour or till meat starts to come off the bone, then remove ham from the pot to take meat off the bone. When cool enough to handle, cut ham into bite sized pieces
- 2Sautee the onion in about a tbsp of oil and then add to boiling ham stock in the crock pot along with the greenbeans and cook just till they're tender but still crisp.
- 3Add ham back to the crock pot and add potatoes and seasonings, turn heat down to low and simmer till potatoes are fork tender.
- 4Tastes great with a side salad and some crusty french bread