Ham Loaf with brown sugar glaze
This is one of our favorites -- never any left over, but it is great cold as a sandwich too! I always make macaroni & cheese or scalloped potatoes with ham loaf.
2 lbground ham (i like smoked ham)
1 lbground pork
1 1/2 critz crackers, crushed fine
1-2eggs, depending on size
1 cbrown sugar, light
1 Tbspwhite vinegar
1 Tbspmustard or more
1 tsphoney (optional)
How to Make Ham Loaf with brown sugar glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the ham & pork together, then add the crackers, milk & egg. Mix all of this well together. (I use my hands.)
- Shape into a loaf or put in a loaf pan (just like meatloaf). Bake in oven.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Cook brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, & honey in a saucepan on the stove for about 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- After ham has baked for 40-45 minutes, baste the loaf with half the glaze. I like to poke a few fork holes into the loaf to get the sauce all throughout. Cook for another 15 minutes & then add the rest of the glaze & bake for an additional 5-10 mins.
- Enjoy! This is great hot or cold. I actually prefer it cold. Note: My friend told me she adds pineapple juice to the glaze, which I think is brilliant, & another friend mentioned she puts some pineapple juice right in as she's mixing the meats, and I'll be that makes it extra juicy & delish! Going to do that next time, too. :)