Great Grandma Irene's Haluski
Anthony Nicometi Jr
1head of cabbage
1 lbregular or peppered bacon (omit for vegetarian dish)
1 - 12ozbag of egg noodles
·A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
3 clovegarlic (whole)
How to Make Great Grandma Irene's Haluski
- Fry up bacon until not completely crisp but cooked through, Drain and reserve on the side.
- Take out about half of the bacon fat and discard.
NOTE:DON'T START FRYING THE ONIONS UNTIL 5 MINUTES BEFORE CABBAGE IS FINISHED
Fry the onions in the other half of the bacon fat.
- Boil cabbage with 3 cloves of garlic until tender. Remove from water and Julienne. Add to onions and fry until both onions and Cabbage is Golden Brown
- boil egg noodles until tender, then add to the Onion cabbage mixture
- add the bacon, and 1/2 stick of butter, Drizzle with Olive oil, Stir until butter is melted and serve hot, and Enjoy! :)