Great Grandma Irene's Haluski
Anthony Nicometi Jr
- vadalia onions
- head of cabbage
- 1 lb
- regular or peppered bacon (omit for vegetarian dish)
- 1/2 stick
- 1 - 12oz
- bag of egg noodles
- garlic powder
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- 3 clove
- garlic (whole)
How to Make Great Grandma Irene's Haluski
- 1Fry up bacon until not completely crisp but cooked through, Drain and reserve on the side.
- 2Take out about half of the bacon fat and discard.
NOTE:DON'T START FRYING THE ONIONS UNTIL 5 MINUTES BEFORE CABBAGE IS FINISHED
Fry the onions in the other half of the bacon fat.
- 3Boil cabbage with 3 cloves of garlic until tender. Remove from water and Julienne. Add to onions and fry until both onions and Cabbage is Golden Brown
- 4boil egg noodles until tender, then add to the Onion cabbage mixture
- 5add the bacon, and 1/2 stick of butter, Drizzle with Olive oil, Stir until butter is melted and serve hot, and Enjoy! :)