GNEE'S PORTABELLO SAUSAGE "PIZZA"
Jeannie Potter Hurocy
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4fresh portabello mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
1/2 lbbulk italian sausage, browned and drained
1/2 cpizza sauce (canned or home made)
1/4 cshredded parmesan cheese
4 sliceprovelone cheese
1/2 tspgarlic powder
·olive oil spray
How to Make GNEE'S PORTABELLO SAUSAGE "PIZZA"
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Place cleaned, gilled and stemmed portabello mushrooms (gill/stem side up) in baking dish and lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and spoon pizza sauce into mushroom, sprinkle parmesan cheese into mushroom, fill with browned sausage and then top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 500 degrees for another 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Enjoy with a green salad!