GNEE'S PORTABELLO SAUSAGE "PIZZA"
Jeannie Potter Hurocy
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- fresh portabello mushroom caps, gills and stems removed
- 1/2 lb
- bulk italian sausage, browned and drained
- 1/2 c
- pizza sauce (canned or home made)
- 1/4 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 slice
- provelone cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder
- olive oil spray
How to Make GNEE'S PORTABELLO SAUSAGE "PIZZA"
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray baking dish with olive oil spray.
- 3Place cleaned, gilled and stemmed portabello mushrooms (gill/stem side up) in baking dish and lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil.
- 4Sprinkle mushrooms with garlic powder.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove mushrooms from oven and spoon pizza sauce into mushroom, sprinkle parmesan cheese into mushroom, fill with browned sausage and then top with a slice of provolone cheese.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then at 500 degrees for another 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
- 8Enjoy with a green salad!