Filipino Bistek (Pork Tenderloin)
1 lbpork tenderloin
1 tspminced garlic
1/2yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbspvegetable oil
4 Tbspsoy sauce
1/2 Tbspsugar (optional)
1 Tbsplemon juice (or more, to taste)
How to Make Filipino Bistek (Pork Tenderloin)
- Slice pork tenderloin very thinly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and cook garlic until lightly browned. Add onion and just starting to brown.
- Add sliced pork and stir to separate slices. When meat starts to brown, add soy sauce. Continue to stir about 2 minutes. Add sugar if using (adds a nice sweetness to dish).
- When meat is cooked add lemon juice.
- Serve over steamed white rice.