FEINER SCHWEINEBRATEN (BEST PORK ROAST)
1 largeoven bag
1 capple juice
4 ozdried plums or prunes
2 lbboneless pork roast
·salt, pepper and ground paprika to taste
1 to 2 Tbspoil
2onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
3/4 csour cream
1 Tbspcorn starch or potato starch
1 Tbspgrated horseradish (optional)
How to Make FEINER SCHWEINEBRATEN (BEST PORK ROAST)
- Heat the apple juice and pour over the dried plums in a bowl. Let it sit until the plums are softened, about 30 minutes.
- Rub the meat with a mixture of salt, pepper and ground paprika and then brown on all sides in the oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet.
- Push the whole cloves into the roast. Place roast into an oven bag according to the bag's directions.
- Add the onion chunks, plums and apple juice to the bag and close it. Cut slits in the bag according to directions on the package. Place the bag with roast in a casserole dish with at least 2-inch high sides.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 1-1/2 hours or until meat registers 160 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven. Carefully cut one corner of the bag and empty the liquids into a pan. You may keep the onions and plums in the liquid.
- Remove the roast from the bag and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Place the liquids in a pan on the stove top and bring to a boil. Reduce broth to about one cup and reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, stir the sour cream together with the corn or potato starch and then stir into the broth, bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Season to taste with freshly ground or bottled horseradish (optional), salt, pepper, and sugar if desired.
- Slice the roast and serve with the sauce over potatoes or noodles.