★★★★★ 1 vote5
·potatoes (i prefer red)
·carrots (coin sized)
·cheese (slices or shredded) any kind
·cream of celery soup (can also use cream of chicken)
·butter or margarine
·honey ham (shaved, cubed or however you want)
·salt and pepper
·3/4 can of water
·spices added to your liking (basil, herbs)
How to Make Excellent AuGratin Potato Casserole
- Spray coat a baking bowl (I use Pyrex) large.
Peel and slice potatoes in thin, round pieces, set aside
Shave outer skin and slice carrots into small coin sizes, set aside
Clean and chop celery, and if you like, onion into small pieces
Chop or slice honey ham into bite-size pieces
Mix water with can of soup
- Place a thin layer of sliced potatoes
Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper
Place a thin layer of carrots on top of potatoes
Layer celery, onions and then honey ham.
Sprinkle cheese and a couple of Tablespoons of soup mixture on this last layer
Dot with a few pieces of butter or margarine, but not too much
- Repeat layers until the bowl is packed, making sure to finish with dots of butter.
- Place aluminum foil over bowl and tighten edges.
Put slits into the top (I use about 5)
- Place in middle of oven and bake 400 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes.
Use a fork and pierce thru the aluminum foil to see if layers are tender.
Careful!!!Will be addicting! Serve with some biscuits made from biscuit and add garlic, butter and shredded cheese to