ELLEN'S KILLER LASAGNA
- 1 lb
- italian sausage, no casings
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 can(s)
- (1 lb.) tomatoes
- 2 can(s)
- (6 oz.ea.) tomato paste
- 10 oz
- lasagna noodles
- 3 c
- fresh ricotta or cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 lb
- mozzarella cheese, sliced very thin
How to Make ELLEN'S KILLER LASAGNA
- 1In a large skillet, brown the meat slowly; spoon off excess fat. Add next 5 ingredients. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2While meat is browning, cook noodles according to package instructions in large amount boiling salted water till tender; drain and rinse. Beat eggs.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to eggs,except mozzarella and noodles.
- 4Layer half the noodles in a 13x9x2 in. baking dish; spread with half the Ricotta filling; add half the mozzarella cheese and half the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- 5Bake in a 375-degree oven for about 30 minutes (or assemble early and refrigerate; bake 45 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6Serve with a green salad and pass the garlic bread!