CUBAN SANDWICH (SALLYE)
8 slicethinly sliced black forest ham
8 slicethinly sliced cooked pork tenderloin
8 sliceprovolone cheese (or swiss)
1 mediumwhite onion thinly sliced
4 TbspHOMEMADE AIOLI (SALLYE) or dukes mayonnaise
4 Tbspspicy brown mustard
·butter as needed
How to Make CUBAN SANDWICH (SALLYE)
- ***You can also use bolillos, panini bread, or 4 pieces of Texas toast cut in halves.
- Place 2 pieces of ham and 2 pieces of pork on one side of roll
Overlay meat with 2 pieces of cheese (Swiss is the traditional cheese used but we like provolone better)
- On other side of roll sprinkle sliced olives and cover with thinly sliced onion.
Close up roll
- Spread butter on both outsides of each roll
Place rolls in heated Panini press or George Foreman grill and cook until cheese is fully melted and rolls are toasty brown.
If you use George's grill, open up and press sandwich with spatula a couple of times so it will be "smashed".
- If you don't have a panini press or George Foreman grill, not to worry.
Just place in a heavy skillet (such as cast iron) and cook the same way you would a grilled cheese sandwich.