Crockery Barbecued Pork Steaks
4pork shoulder steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
1 Tbspcooking oil
1 largeonion, thinly sliced
1 largegreen pepper, thinly sliced
2tomatoes, sliced ( can use 14 ounce can tomatoes)
1 Tbspquick-cooking tapioca
1/2 cbottled barbecue sauce
1/4 cdry red wine
1/2 tspground cumin
How to Make Crockery Barbecued Pork Steaks
- Cut Pork steaks (or end cut pork chops) in half crosswise; trim off excess fat.
- In a skillet brown the steaks on both sides in hot oil; (Just do this long enough to sear in the juices-meat should still be red inside)drain steaks on paper toweling.
- In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart electric slow crocery cooker arrange onion, green pepper, and tomatoes on the bottom.
- Sprinkle tapioca over vergetables. Place pork steaks on top of vegetables.
- In a medium bowl combine barbecue sauce, wine, and cumin; (I use a whisk and mix until well blended) pour over meat and vegetables in crockery cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours (until meat begins to fall apart)or till meat and vegetables are tender.
- To serve, transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter. (I leave the food and sauce in the crock pot and let the ingredients continue to mesh).
- I serve this over rice.