CROCK -POT SWEET POTATO BOLOGNESE & LINGUINE with
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, divided
- 1 lb
- sweet italian pork sausage, remove casings
- (5-oz. each) pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 c
- carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 large
- sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground white pepper
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine
- 1 can(s)
- (15.5- to 16-oz. size) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed, (1 cup)
- 2 can(s)
- (14.5-oz. each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c
- 1/3 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 c
- finely shredded parmigiano reggiano cheese or romano cheese, divided
- 10 oz
- dried linguine pasta
- 1 pkg
- (7-oz.) sweet yellow cornbread mix
- 1 large
How to Make CROCK -POT SWEET POTATO BOLOGNESE & LINGUINE with
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat. Add sausage, pancetta, carrots, onions, salt, white pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg and cook 3 minutes, or until sausage is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly and vegetables are tender, stirring constantly. Carefully, pour wine into seasoned sausage and onion mixture, cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly and wine has reduced.
- 2Transfer cooked wine, seasoned sausage and onion mixture into a 6-quart slow cooker crock pot. Reserve 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes for later use. Stir in 3/4 cup remaining mashed sweet potatoes to mixture until just blended. Pour chicken broth into sweet potato mixture, cook on high heat setting for 2 hours, and cover with lid.
- 4Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a full boil. Add dried linguine pasta to boiling water, and cook according to package directions, (cook about 10 -12 minutes), or until cooked slightly tender. Drain cooked linguine pasta into a colander. Place cooked linguine pasta into a large serving dish and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil until coated. Keep warm.
- 5Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9-inch cast iron skillet or 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, mix cornbread mix, remaining 1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup half-and-half and egg together until blended. Pour cornbread mixture into prepared greased skillet or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cut into 6 wedge slice servings, or 12 smaller wedge slice servings.
- 6To assemble and serve. Place a serving of cooked linguine pasta onto the center of 6 serving plates each. Ladle or Spoon even portions of sweet potato Bolognese sauce over each serving of linguine pasta. With remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, sprinkle even portions of cheese over top of each serving along with a serving wedge of cornbread.