CREAMED CORN & HAM CASSEROLE
2 bag(s)(16 oz.ea.) frozen white corn
1 pkg(8 oz.) cream cheese
1/2 cchopped green pepper
1/2 conion, chopped fine
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
2 cdiced or cubed cooked ham
FOR TOPPING (OPTIONAL):
How to Make CREAMED CORN & HAM CASSEROLE
- Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the corn into the slow cooker. Add cream cheese, butter, green peppers and onion, and ham.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until butter and cream cheese are melted, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar, cover, and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours.
- (Optional) After the first hour and a half, top with breadcrumb mixture and crumbled bacon. Turn setting to LOW for the last 1/2 hour.
- TO MAKE TOPPING: Cook 4 slices of bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in microwave. Tear up 3 slices bread into small crumbs and mix with melted butter. Spread the buttered crumbs over the corn mixture in the slow cooker and top with crumbled bacon. Continue cooking, covered, for another 1/2 hour, as stated above.